life-is-like-a-blog said: I agree with the anon on this one. I love your blog and use of factual support but you do focus heavily and get quite distracted AND worked up about religion.Perhaps settle your energies on more productive things, like bettering the world you live in.
I really appreciate your comment. You’re someone who often likes or reblogs my posts so I take your word into consideration. You have to understand that my love for Astronomy has also created frustration in that many of those who are religious try to make it seem like it’s all god’s doing. And I find that offensive as someone who knows that stars are created from gas clouds. God didnt create that, a collapsed molecular cloud did. And I look at the sheer power of a black hole and say, why would a god create such a thing? There’s no reason to create that. It happens naturally, as a result of a massive star exploding. I take offense to the claim that god did this and god did that, when there is simply no proof of it. So naturally, the religious nuts that say shit like, “If Earth was ten feet closer to the sun, we would all fry. God is amazing!”, is going to piss me off because he didn’t just put these planets in the place that they are today. I also think that many, many people are ignorant to what is considered facts in today’s society. And so I call them out on it. If someone says the Earth is 6,000 years old, I think it’s annoying that they conveniently dismiss scientific evidence showing that it’s not even remotely close to that age. I also think pedophilia is disgusting. So when I hear about Warren Jeffs, a mormon, having a 12 year old bride, or hear about Muhammad marrying a 9 year old, I get extremely upset by it. I think its disgusting and dispicable to praise someone like this. I also want people to know that it’s ok to talk about these things. Many people have grown up in a very strict religious household and want to vent their frustrations. I would like to think that by seeing someone like me talk about this stuff openly, then they feel comfortable doing the same. That’s important to me, to not be afraid of authority. And just wondering, but what suggestions do you have for bettering the world exactly? Do you want me to plant a tree or something? Because I can do that and still go on tumblr. I can donate blood or clothes to the needy, and still use tumblr. So, I’m just trying to figure out why one has to replace the other. Why can’t I do both?
Posted on Monday, 29 October
- colormebacon likes this
- stars1384 likes this
- onelovecandy likes this
- hedownwithskeletor likes this
- stepchildofirony reblogged this from astrodidact
- stepchildofirony likes this
- edgarsm likes this
- alev91 likes this
- twinfinityandbeyond likes this
- stellar-indulgence likes this
- desolate-spheres said: I think you post quality shit for either subjects and you should keep up with what you’re doing. It’s your blog anyway, I don’t see why other people are telling you how to run it lol.
- life-is-like-a-blog likes this
- desolate-spheres likes this
- laurenlegary likes this
- miracledoc likes this
- life-is-like-a-blog said: I kinda felt like an idiot after because i realized you do have a point. That it is YOUR blog, not someone elses and that you do have the right to voice your opinion and it is not in my place to try to censor that. So i do sincerely apologize.
- temptingtimeonimpulse likes this
- astrodidact posted this